Tuesday, June 8, 2010

wedge-tasticFashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore




Summertime is here...finally. I know that the last thing all of you are wondering is "What should I wear?" because you have been planning what to wear since the RTW S/S 2010 shows. I won't ruin your excitement, however, I do insist that you go out and buy a pair of wedges if you don't have any at the moment. "Wedge"-what a beautiful word. When I hear this word I do not think of portions, sliced fruit, or shoving an item into a small space...I picture beautiful, towering shoes. Wedges come in many different shapes, heights, and materials. My favorite at the moment is the wooden sandal wedge. What could be better this summer than a sturdy sandal that gives you height? Nothing-that's why the wooden wedge is the way to go. When I was younger and I heard the word "wedge" I thought of espadrilles and tacky cork shoes. Thanks to Alexander Wang, Alaia, Diane von Furstenberg, and many more there is more room for the word "wedge" in my brain. I now picture artistic sculptures with elaborate wood carvings and leather detail. There is a new Wedge in town so go out and wear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment